|September 13, 2010|
The Certification Board has developed a new approach for exam dates called “ARRANGED EXAMS” as an option for potential exam candidates.
The “normal” Spring, Summer, and Fall/Winter Certification Exam cycles at the local section level will remain unchanged; the intent of the Arranged Exam approach is to offer additional opportunities to those interested in certification.
WHAT IS AN ARRANGED EXAM?
An Arranged Exam:
The 2011 Exam Calendar has been expanded to 18 possible exam dates. All exam dates are available to all sections, AEPs, and exam candidates who may or may not be near an active section who regularly hosts certification exams.
- is a flexible opportunity for those pursuing multiple certifications
- offers alternative exam dates available to sections, AEPs, and exam candidates in remote locations
- must be requested in advance by completing the Arranged Exam Request Application and submitted to the Certification Manager for verification and approval
The exam dates are grouped, keeping the 60 day exam registration deadline intact for each possible exam date. The registration deadline dates will not be compromised for any section, AEP, or individual exam candidate. All guidelines and requirements established by the Certification Program will be consistently maintained.
By using the Arranged Exam approach, an exam candidate could feasibility sit for a different exam on any of the given exam dates; as long the candidate meets the requirements to sit for the exam and the exam venue/two proctors have been identified, verified and approved by the Certification Manager.
Another new addition to the Exam Calendar is the introduction of weekday exam opportunities. Each group of possible exam dates has a weekday opportunity, as well as the normal Saturday opportunity.
HOW ARRANGED EXAMS WORK:
For more information or to apply for an Arranged Exam, visit AACE's website.
- The 2011 Certification Exam Calendar will show all exam dates and which sections/locations have been confirmed. An individual person or group of people can choose any of the listed exam dates from the Exam Calendar.
The Certification webpage will directly link those interested to “learn about Arranged Exams”.
- If after reading “learn about Arranged Exams”, there remains an interest – the person requesting the Arranged Exam will be required to identify two Proctors, confirm the exam date and exam location, identify which exam(s) will be administered, and who the contact person will be for this specific Arranged Exam.
The request will be electronically acknowledged to the requester.
- All preliminary information must be verified and approved by the Certification Manager. Once an Arranged Exam has been approved – meaning, two Proctors are identified and approved, exam location has been approved, and the principal contact information is verified – the exam candidate(s) will be sent an electronic link via email to actually register and pay for the exam.
From this point, the candidate is following the usual process and steps for registration and payment of certification exams.