|AACE International Activities: Martin Darley has been an active
member of AACE for over a decade and is
currently serving on the AACE Board of Directors
as the Vice President of Administration.
His prior Board service includes the
role of Director for Region 5. He is also a
Past President of the Houston Gulf Coast Section for which he received
the Outstanding Section Award for 2007‐2008; he continues
to serve as one of the Board of Directors. Martin has supported
the Certification program via proctoring and grading of technical
papers. As VP administration Martin has had opportunity to work
with committees seeking ways to promote Diversity, Young Professionals,
and Women In Project Controls. He has worked closely
with the committees overseeing Mentoring, and the Recognition
and Awards for member’s service to AACE. He has participated in
representation to various industry groups, and presented technical
papers at conferences including the Association’s Annual Meeting.
Mr. Darley spent most of his career in the UK before moving to the
US 12 years ago. He is Senior Cost Engineer with Chevron’s Project
Resource Company and recently accepted position as a Business
Services Manager for a major international project. Prior to
Chevron he spent most of career in leadership positions for cost
consultancy companies providing services on a wide variety of
projects/ clients. Martin is a Certified Cost Consultant, and a Fellow
of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, he studied at the
College of Estate Management, is a Chartered Quantity Surveying,
and Chartered Project Management, holds a Diploma in Business
Excellence, Newcastle College, and is Certified Value Manager, Herriot-Watt University, Edinburgh.
Goals and Objectives:
I am US based, but will be overseas extensively in both Europe
and the Far East for much of any further term of service. I will
leverage that opportunity to emphasize the international face of
the Association. I believe that I will be well placed to understand
the issues, challenges, and rewards as the Association realizes its
goals to expand the membership base.
As President I will:
- Increase the recognition and prestige of AACE International, and the value of the profession of cost engineers to the business, academic, government, and professional communities.
- Maintain the Association eminence status as provider of world-class quality Technical, Educational, and Certification programs to the communities we serve.
- Provide greater emphasis on the promotion of the Young Professionals, Women in Project Controls, Diversity, and Mentoring within the Association.
- Advocate global growth through expansion of our regional networks by building organizational capability to support the regions.
- Promote AACE membership and its recognition as the professional organization of choice through focused delivery of the Corporate Organizational Membership Program.
- Encourage individuals, and companies to realize the maximum benefits of their AACE membership.
- Have fun.
||AACE International Activities: Madhu P Pillai had served on the International
Board of Directors for AACE as
Region‐7 Director (Europe, Middle East,
Asia and Africa) and is currently the Chair
International Marketing Advisory Committee.
He was the Co‐chair for the first International
Cost Management Conference of AACE in Dubai, and had
earlier held position of President of Arabian Gulf Section and India
Regional Section. Madhu was awarded the O. T. Zimmerman
Founder’s award by AACE in 2008 and is a recipient of the Millennium
Achiever Award of International Institute of Success Awareness.
He currently serves as Assistant Director on the Board of
International Cost Engineering Council (ICEC). Madhu is Projects
Director with Kentz Engineering International Limited; part of
Kentz Group operating across 27 countries. He has 26 years of
broad-based Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and Power industry experience
in India, Nigeria, USA, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. He is an
Electrical Engineering graduate (B Tech) with double post-graduation
in Human Resources Management (MHRM) and Business
Management (MBA). He is currently pursuing his Ph.D. in the area
of “Strategic Project Management Leadership” and holds triple
professional certifications of Certified Cost Consultant (CCC), Project
Management Professional (PMP), and an Associate Value Specialist
(AVS). He is a frequent speaker at many International and
Goals and Objectives:
Having lived and worked in multiple countries and with
vast experience on east and west cultures/business in forprofit
and non‐profit organizations, I have developed a strong
ambassadorship for AACE’s products, services and programs.
My key goal will be to make AACE globally recognized as the
advocate for Cost Management and Project Controls, promoting
a fast growing Global AACE family. I plan to achieve this
by working with fellow board members and HQ team to:
- Develop and execute a strategy for increasing international visibility of the Association.
- Facilitate more events at region and section levels to effectively reach out to professional communities.
- Provide superior value to stakeholder ecosystem: members, practitioners, partners, industry, academia,
- Spread the value of TCM into 'less project management influenced' sectors
like manufacturing, services, etc.
- Create a superior global volunteer base and develope “Brand Ambassadors” rather than just volunteer leaders.
- Work closely with VP (Regions) for reactivating dormant sections and launching new sections.
- Initiating a special drive to encourage industry and business to specify AACE certifications as “Desirable” (at the least) in their employment advertisements.
- Make the association more agile to the changing global markets and competition from other professional organizations.
- Create greater collaboration among global member communities and nurture
more global partnerships among industry, academia, governments, and society.